13 December 2006

Maybe Its Just Me

In fact I know its just me or at least it always seems to be.
A friend of mine posted this on one of the many networking sites...which have accomplished nothing except to add to the procrastination of college students around the world. For some reason I think this is the last thing that I want. I might be bitter and jaded (ok, so I am). I mean sure it sounds great and I don't doubt that it doesn't exist. But things like this are always posted by people who are waiting for some damn Prince Charming. Will somebody please wake them up and explain to them that it only happens in fairy tales.

This is for the girls who want to:

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says,".....that's her."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little self respect will go a long way. Maybe it will even stop you from chasing after the schmucks you write about.

I don't know what happened to you to make you so jaded and think the way men treat you is acceptable--you're selling yourself way too short.

Anonymous said...

personally, i think that all it takes for one to become jaded - or really bitter sometimes - is to have one or two schmucks come along and either 'pretend' to be something they're not, or be 'it' for a time, then become frightened of their own inadequacies to keep it up, then run the ugly run - which only means that the power of their convictions wasn't really there to begin with...and this is no reflection upon her or her self-respect, but a flaw in the schmucks, see my point?