15 July 2006

twilight zone

I don’t know what the hell is going on in the cosmos universe and what not, but someone is playing a cruel trick on me at the moment.

Friday afternoon, I get in the car after work with a few errands to run and they must be quick. I’m sick and want to go home and sleep. I know I have to go to Whole Foods and CVS. So I do my grocery shopping and then pull into CVS. As I’m walking by the card aisle I see the top of a head. I think that looks like Charlie (no. 9 in my saga will talk about later). Then again how many tops of men’s heads (hairlines) looks the same and I’m seriously disillusioned with this fever. I keep going, grab Nyquil, then razor blades*. As I turn around I catch a better a glimpse of hairline that looked like Charlie. Shit! It is Charlie. Oh Fuck! I have no where to go. I can’t run, he sees me, he is staring dead at me, think, think. I grin. He walks over and gives me a kiss on the cheek and starts chatting. What the fuck (my inner monologue is going a mile a minute now) I have not talked to you in almost 3 months and it was you who never returned my phone calls. This is too much. I tell him I have to run and dart to the checkout. Once in the parking lot he tells me he will call me soon. Yeah right!
I get in the car and have a mini panic attack. Now I need to blow some stem off so I run into Best Buy for some aimless shopping. So I thought. I bump into Brian. He as of yet does not have a number because we have never gone out or even hooked up. I meet Brian about 3 weeks ago at the grocery store. We exchanged numbers and chatted on the phone for awhile. Then as bold as day I asked him if he wanted to get a drink. He said he would think about it, he wasn’t sure. Again, whatever! You’re a big boy just let me know. That evening I had to run a few errands with LT as I was on my way to pick her up he called back and asked me if I wanted to get a drink. Of course I say yes, because it takes a lot for me to realize when I need to walk away. As I drop LT off at home he calls back and cancels. At that moment the conversation was very one sided, Brian says “I don’t think we should do this, I think out personalities are just too different”. Okay, bye and I hung up. Yesterday at Best Buy, he walks up to me and I quote “hey, we talked a few weeks ago, maybe its too late to talk to you at all, I was kind of kicking myself for wussing out, I don’t know why I wussed out, but I didn’t have your number anymore so I screwed up, but if your willing to talk to me?”
I think why the hell not, I still think your cute as hell and I’m always in need of a new adventure. Not mention theses stories make for great conversation with my friends. Funny thing is I had just erased his phone number from my cell. So let us see if he calls.

So twice in one day, let alone within the same hour. The universe is playing a sick cruel joke on me and I don’t like it. Unless something good comes from it.

* Side note: The razor blades were so I could remove my city sticker off my car, I was going to have the guys at the car wash do it, but I didn’t have the time to go there and wait in a line. Not to mention I found it odd that they sold razor blades right out in the open. But you get everything but fingerprinted when buy Sudafed and speaking of that Nyquil is now pseudoephedrine free. Disappointed in the world we live in these days. Not to mention I find it hilarious that they sold me Nyquil and razor blades. I wouldn’t have.

No comments: