22 July 2006

stupid stupid stupid me

The date last night was bad. It was baaaaaaad!!!!!! When we spoke Thursday night he said that we would meet at about 6:30. I suggested something in between both of our offices. Now for me to meet him at 6:30 I stayed later at work.

Oh yeah and one thing. My last post when I said I had ‘meet Josh’ let me correct myself, I was introduced to Josh through a co-worker. We had only chatted on the phone. This was a blind date (she assured me he was so cute, I would have a good time, blah, blah, blah). When we talked he said he was “Asian”. So this mishap was my fault because I try to be nice the first time and not be so rude and blunt. Today it finally hit me, by “Asian” he meant Indian. This is fine. I am not one to judge on the basis of ethnicity, but be more explicit or I will ask better questions. I date all kind of men and I find all men attractive.

Anyway Josh never called me during the day so I figured 6:30 it was. I get to bar at 6:30 wait until 7:00 and no Josh in sight even though I really don’t know what he looks like. I’m on my way home pissed off that I got stood up and my phone rings, it’s him he is just leaving work and will be there shortly. Apparently wheat he said last night held no validity. He never knew that I waited for him at all.

15 minutes later I see him. I could crush this guy if I wanted to. Standing next to him made me feel like the Jolly Green Giant. If my hips moved too far to the right he would have gone down in a second. If my life was ever threatened in his presence I would have to defend myself, no good.

We get a table and he wants to eat. Damn it, I just want to drink and hope this is not a train wreck and go home. I order a beer and he orders cranberry juice. Oh no. This is the second date I’ve had were the person was not a social drinker. Well I take that back the last guy did have two beers, but it was two too many. Why would a co-worker who I have spent a few happy hours with think it would be a good idea to set me up with someone who does not drink? (Closet ragging alcoholic here) I question people who don’t drink unless they are a recovering alcoholic or had some traumatic experience, but that is usually not that case. Getting tipsy on a Friday night is a good thing people.

The conversation is not going that bad, but he won’t stop staring at me. After mindless conversation and two beers the check comes. Now the next move I made was all wrong. I have to say when a date is that bad, he pays because he just caused me a wasted night, but women as you know have to do the fake purse grab. So as he reaches for the check I kind of do the muffled, “do you want to split it or what?” he says, sure. Are you kidding me? And I know I said that loud enough for him to hear. I AM DONE I just paid for two beers and some fries of which he ate? Then he suggest we take a walk down the lake (say no stupid say no) my response, sure. As we walk out and down Michigan Ave he keeps touching the small of my back. What is that? Not to mention he had enough nerve to apply cap stick in front of me. Damnit! I should have gone home. Only problem was, we are both commuters on the same train line for half of the journey home so I was stuck having to say goodbye at the last minute which I knew. To make the night even worst. As we were walking to the train at Division I saw Chris (one night stand that I had about two months ago that went all wrong). I saw him but made sure he didn’t see me. I was falling all over myself not to be seen. Even though I will admit if I was with a hot guy I would have made sure he saw me. I’m being social because for some reason I can’t bring myself to be cruel to people I hardly know. Train finally arrives we get on and then when its time for me to switch we say goodbye he hugs me (ugh) and gives me a kiss on the cheek (ugh ugh).

I could not get home fast enough last night. I would like to say that I will never go on a blind date again, but I doubt that will happen.

No comments: