20 July 2006

its just thursday

Just when I thought that I had nothing going on. Boy was I wrong. I’m just sitting at home chillin’ on a Thursday night. I was watching something on the tube. I was more interested in drinking a great bottle of Malbec. I was checking messages from work; I like to wait a few days because it gives me something to do. The other line beeps and I think it CM (fiancée). As I have my finger on the button to hit ignore I see the name Steve pop up, WHAT THE FUCK!!! The last time I heard from him was a text message I got the day after my birthday. Quick side note: Steve and I dated about 3 years ago. We also happen to share the same birthday, me being a year his junior. It was after I had met CM and we parted ways for a few months and in the meantime I found psycho (Steve) who I dubbed hubby. We dated, it was awful, I was stupid and that was the end of it. Earlier this year I found him again, he gave me a call and we started chatting again. I have never disclosed to him that I am engaged. Not that I think I will ever get back together with him, but I prefer him thinking that I’m a single women.
I call him back because this has to be good. A few minutes on the phone with a crazy ex (needed some entertainment). We start shooting the shit. I tell him that I’m working; I have my own place now, blah, blah. He asks me if I’m still single. When I tell him yes, he says, “So those needs aren’t getting met huh?” My response, “who said that?” Then he starts talking about his girlfriend. Whether or not this girl exist I do not know, but I really could care less. Then I tell him that he should come and drink in the city and hangout with me. He tells me that more than one drink might not be a good idea, because “stuff” might happen. The sex was not that good when we were together and I don’t even have to bet that it would be good now, because it wouldn’t. So after an hour and a half of conversation I must part ways and my glass is empty, which means time up crazy boy!!!

As soon as I hang up the phone it rings again. Private caller (Josh, who I met a few weeks ago). It had been almost two weeks since we spoke, we never made plans to get a drink or dinner and I did not have his number. He wanted to touch base with me and see if I wanted to do something after work tomorrow. You know I said yes. So there is something to look forward to tomorrow good or bad, I don’t even care at this point. I have to say I admire how men can not call for weeks and then get enough balls to call and ask you out like it was no big deal.

I love how one moment my life is hum drum and the next moment the phone is ringing off the hook with admirer.

No comments: