24 July 2006

oh saturday night

Warning: entry extremely dry and boring, I tried to make Saturday night as lively as possible but can only do so much and I’m sure if there were some awesome moments I don’t remember them.

After the awful date Friday I was ready to have a good time Saturday night. Erica had suggested we go out and I needed a night of drinking and dancing. Living in Chicago gives you plenty of options as to essentially waste money and the night away. Our old faithful is going to Lincoln Park and hanging out at The Apartment (yes, its actually called that). Lincoln Park is a very post-college, a little underage (more like underage) and everything in between. It works for us. We’re young and attractive and what better place to go were the drinks won’t always break the bank. We have made attempt after attempt to hang out around Rush & Division, but we always end up at the same damn place at the end of the night. Last night we decided to change it up and go to MaxBar which is right next door to The Apartment so if it sucked then at least we had somewhere else to go.

Once there we order drinks already to expensive for my bad habit of being extra thirsty. This bar actually was something else about 6 months ago and I had yet to check out the changes so we walked around and went to the back, found a table and got comfy. There were a lot of beautiful people out for a Saturday night in the LP. After the second drink and shot I knew I would be ready to go to another bar so I could dance. The crowd at Maxbar was older, which I like, but there was a bachelor party upstairs so no dancing until the stripper left (she was a sight). Meanwhile some guy walked by me and up the stairs and as I turned I looked dead at him. He just smiled at me (I was not interested). He came back around again and this time he tapped my shoulder (whatthefuck). Apparently I have a sign on me that says violate me. He walks away and comes back again a second time and taps me on the shoulder I pay no attention and then he bends over the stairs and ask me for a light. Yeah, so I was digging in my purse for my lighter and he just stood there. The music wasn’t that great anyway and then Erica spilled the drinks all over my white pants.

Of course I bitched and moaned about how I was going to have a big stain and she was buying my drinks and paying my dry cleaning bill. Luckily for her it dried clear and those pants came home cleaner last night then they ever have. Once we got to the other bar I was ready to party. Another shot of Jameson and a Long Island I was good to go. There was an open couch so we got comfy. By now I wasn’t as thirsty and wanted to chill and sip my drink before we started dancing. Then these guys came over and asked me if I wanted to dance. I said thank you, but no thanks. They would not leave me alone, so I told them to go dance with someone else then offered up Erica, she said she was game and made me look like the party pooper. Whatever, only one of them was cute and the couch was treating me a lot better.

We danced and danced and I shouldn’t have had that last gin and tonic. Then I spotted two hotties and wanted to get close. I was in such rare form Saturday night. I was grabbing ass after ass. Erica swore that the two hotties were gay because they weren’t dancing with any girls but I was about to change that. Next thing I know one of them is dancing with me. All Erica can mouth to me is he is hot. I know that. Only problem with that is I can’t go home with a guy if I’m completely trashed. For the life of me I can not figure out why I have to be semi-sober to have a one night stand, I know the point is to be wasted. I am such a mess.

After that Erica was pretty much ready to leave. I was having too much fun. I managed to get her to stay and dance more and I told her we were making a stop at Burrito House before heading home. I know that after awhile I can be a little grating on the nerves (hey I’m good at it). But Erica knows how to handle my drunken ass. She grabs a guy and puts him right in the middle of us and turns him toward me. She proceeds to make faces at me and mouth shit as I have to look down in order to even make eye contact with him, which I tried to avoid until he started talking to me. We eventually left that little situation.

We headed down the stairs and into a cab to get some food. We get there order our food. Erica realizes that she wanted a torta and not a tostado (and people are always so quick to say I’m the drunk one). There were two chicks that fell. That is what I love about Burrito House for most of us northsiders off of Lincoln Ave; Burrito House is just an extension of a night out drinking. Not to mention someone is always more wasted than I. Next thing, we had to do is get back to my place. This is why I hate living off of the Brown line, it stops running sometime after 2:00am. I usually like to stay out until the sun comes up. So we get to the el and we ask the attendant if there is another train, he says he is not sure and of course Erica just looks at the damn train schedule. We may or may not have missed one, but no chances we hop in a cab and back to my house.

Finally its 3 am and I can take my drunken ass to bed. Except I have no idea when I finally went to sleep. The room was spinning and I finally passed out on my couch, but I had all intentions to sleep in my bed. I awoke at 6:30 parched as hell, chugged two bottles of water and back to bed I went.

There were no exciting boy stories this weekend. Though I am always amazed at the effect that whiskey has on me. I felt like crap all day on Sunday. Now I know why I don’t do that every weekend. Getting shit faced twice in one week was enough for me.

1 comment:

nolatravelgirl said...

Thanks for the hookup to my blog!