25 July 2006

how many?

Saturday morning, I'm awake before noon and doing the 'where is my cell shuffle. I finally find it and realize that I had it on silent from last night and have a few missed called. One of those calls was guy no. 3 Dean. Dean has been a constant playmate for about the last 4 months. I was due some play time; he had just called and left a text message as well. I was excited because Tuesday night we tried to hook up after the Cubs game and I thought my drunkenness had killed what ever relationship we might of had, apparently not. I haven’t had any play in awhile and the last time it was with Dean (who is mediocre in general, but above average when it comes to oral) and before that the Greek before his European summer.

Anyway, I was ready to call him back and then I stopped. My apartment is a mess and in the middle of the afternoon there is no way of making things look like they are together. Not to mention I needed to shower. He leaves like 5 minutes away so by the time he got there. Oh no!So I just scratched the idea. Damnit! Then I was pissed because the timing was right but the setting was all wrong.

Later on that day I get an email from the Greek. He was back!! I actually missed him. We have kept in touch the last month. He called me and we chatted about nothing because the only thing we have in common is red wine and sex (as I type those words, I realize hmm...He might be my perfect man after all). We have the most enlightened phone conversations :

Greek: hi

Me: Hi there

Greek: What’s up (me)?

Me: nothing just finishing up some work. How was your day?

Greek: lazy. I feel kind of weird.

Me: how so?

Greek: feel kinda lonely. I will get over it in a few days. It happens when I get back. Need to get into a routine again

Me: that happens when you’re around family as well

Greek: right. So you wanna visit me on Wednesday?

Me: that should work

Greek: great! I have a deadline on Wednesday but I am not motivated. See what Greece does to you?

Me: Apparently so


So Wednesday it is. This is the strangest yet least complicated relationship I have ever had with a man, which has been ongoing. I especially love the part of him talking about how he was lonely. He can pretty much call me when ever he wants, but he is lonely (I’ve been seeing you since March?). I figured he was going to ask if he could see me sooner. The dynamics of the two of us just boggle me every time I walk into his place. I also love the fact that he can just casually ask me if I want to visit as if I’m going to see Santa Clause. We are very intimate beyond sex, but at the same time we don’t have a “normal boyfriend/girlfriend” relationship a.k.a co-dependent. I think I keep going back because I have yet to figure him out and I’m never satisfied until I have figured people out.

What was the question again? Oh yeah I have 2 friends with benefits and I actually acquired them within a day of each other and haven’t been able to shake either one of them yet.
So tomorrow it is with the Greek and I have not attempted to make contact with Dean since Sunday. I guess I'm just saving up all my energy for the Greek. And through all of this my life still feels completely boring and mundane. Oh well...

No comments: