19 July 2006

life in real time

It is odd to me that I tend to think that my life is dull and boring and nothing is going on at all. When in fact I guess I’m actually having a decent life. I mean there are a few things I would like to be different but can’t change everything.

Last night I was every so grateful to go to a Cubs game. My dear friend Matt had an extra set of tickets and Michael and I have been trying to get to a game all summer long. Matt meets me after work with the tickets (2 hours before game time). Michael came over and off we went. Only in Chicago do people squeeze into a train car to go one stop when walking to Wrigley Field takes the same time. So sardines we were as we got in the train car for the one stop ride to Addison. Michael and I waste no time getting beer. I myself was on a mission. I hadn’t had a drink since Thursday and I was thirsty.

Next thing we know it is the bottom of the 1st and we are already on our third beer.

Michael: I think we should slow down a little

Me: Speak for yourself, bud.

Michael: BEER MAN!!!


Camera phone bad..but you get the idea.


Michael was already buzzing




We were buzzing by the 4th inning and sometime during the 5th I had to make a mad dash to the potty and wait in a line on top of it. I go back to the seats and can’t find Michael. He had to tinkle as well and sure as day left me. After our little intermission we continue drinking away. Now I’m one of those Cubs fans that prefer to pre-drink and then drink at the game and then drink after the game. Michael was trying to be a party pooper. Until he told me he didn’t have to work the next day. We stayed for the entire game which I was against, but glad I did. Cubs won 4-2.

After leaving I’m thinking Barleycorn all the way. Michael some how tricks me into walking to the Belmont stop instead of the bar. I want to go the bar. So we finally end up at Celtic last night. Tuesday night is 32 oz. Personal Mega Pitchers $3 and the PBR was following hell yeah.

Michael: Pabst, huh? You’re a classy one

Me: Don’t I know it!

I finally get my drunken ass home and eat whatever I can find in the house. Next thing I know I realize I have a bruise on the left side of my ass. What the Fuck did I do? Who the hell knows at this point? I get comfy on the couch watch some Tivo. I can’t fall asleep so I just stay up watching The Exorcist (bad idea). I finally knock off at about 4 a.m. Next thing I know the phone rings and my mother goes running down the hall to grab it (there is still something wrong with the fact that my mother is staying with me, but that is a story for another day). I look at the clock. Its 8 a.m. Shit! I love how I forget that I have to work after a night of boozing. Somehow I managed to get showered dressed and coffee and sitting at my office all before 9 a.m. As of right now I just want to go home……

No comments: