30 January 2007

Since I've Been Gone

This is pretty much the short version of what happened while I was away. I will go into more detail for each matter later.

No. 1 on my agenda to have a heart to heart with my conscious LT. I am ever so grateful to have her in my life. She always sets me on the right course. She is not afraid to give me a reality check and in the end she still loves and supports me just the way I am.

No. 2 CM and I broke up. It hurt, especially because I love him so dear and every snapshot of a memory with him is nothing but joy, happiness, laughs, smiles, etc. I could no longer knowingly keep up with my behavior and him simultaneously.

No. 3 I’m moving to Portland in June. I am really looking forward to this, it is time that I really do this all on my own. I have depended on the safety net of my parents for far too long. They have done a great job and now its time for me to show them that they have.

No. 4 Spent an entire day with Michael, just him and I/ We just talked about life and my choices. Went to visit my dad together as we left my dad told Michael, take care of my girl for me.

No. 5 Now something else significant occurred as well. I met somebody and not just anybody. This has actually going on since November, but I really wanted to keep this to myself because it is something really special. I just found out that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It definitely took me aback a little. But I found that I genuinely had care and concern for him. I was not just worried about what this would do to me.

No. 6 Which believe it or not I learned how to listen to others, instead of being so self-absorbed, as I was ever so skilled in being.

2 comments:

Sipwine said...

I'm glad to see you back.
I'm sorry that you broke up with CM.
Will you still be writing from Portland?

Some weekend this spring I'll probably be in Chicago with Matt, we should stop and chat about Wombat's looks before you fly away. :)

Crazybeautiful said...

Hey there, temperamental computer takes forever to respond. I will continue to write from Portland (hopefully).

Just let me know when your in town.