12 September 2006

friday night

THANK GOD FOR GERMAN AMERICAN FEST!!!!

And also the fact that I live within walking distance makes it even better. My neighborhood is known for being the German Town of Chicago. So about 3 times a year there is always some kind of festival going on and of course the main event is the drinking, the cold beer and the 20 something ounce steins that it come in. A few years ago I had too much in a short amount of time and passed out on my toilet and didn’t know my name for hours. Luckily this year was not the case.

Well that was just some background.

I went to meet Michael. I knew he would be with people that we went to high school with. Every time there is one of these things it turns into a high school reunion. He said he was at Jeremy’s and there was only one other person there that I’ve known since the 5th grade. Fine I thought as long as SHE is not going to be there. HER, I have known since the 7th grade, we went to grade school and high school together. I can’t stand the bitch. Never have. Before high school it was such a small group of friends I had no choice but to be in her presence. The problems with these situations are that Michael is friends with everybody (he is that guy). I AM NOT!! I got there and of course people were gawking at my engagement ring asking me questions about my fiancĂ©e (I somewhat have been having a renewed since of faith). The two other guys that graduated a year before us showed up Moses and Juan. It was a great time just filling in the ‘what’s what’ in life. Then Ben showed up and Chris (who I knew I had seen around school) and then it happened, he showed up, Brian (I use to call him My Brian) I have been in love with this boy since the first day of high school. I was obsessed like single white female obsessed. And SHE was with him. I really didn’t care its mutual, I don’t like you, you don’t like me attitude. Just stay out of each other’s way and all is well. The guys are great. I always have so much fun feeling like a part of the boys club.

It was a great start to the weekend ahead.

I drank two of the suckers and stumbled the entire 4 blocks home, alone.

1 comment:

Wombat said...

Thank you for changing your template.

Centre justification I find unbearable.