05 August 2006

i asked around

...apparently this is my life.

For the life of me I do not know why Monday thru Wednesday there seems to no action in my life. No excessive phone calls mainly of those trying to get into my pants. Which means Erica taunting me about offering free sex on craigslist was not far off from the truth at all. She was right for once! So the emailing back and forth with men on craigslist, is pretty much my new addiction at the moment. Friday night was full of relieving the old days.
I was a nanny during college before I went to Portland. Funny thing is I was a nanny for my now boss. Weird. I know really weird. Anyway I don’t mind it I love those kids and it’s a quiet night and gas money, not that I need it, but anyway. I was just minding my own business watching CNN the kids were in bed and I hadn’t checked my phone 2 missed phone calls. Ok, I assume its CM and my mother. Boy was I wrong. It was Steve.
Last we chatted was a few weeks ago. He is the one that calls me. He is damn right entertaining because I think to myself what were you thinking when you were with him? Who the hell knows? (More on that later) I called him back and we just chatted. I always feel that every time he calls he wants something. He keeps questioning me as to why I’m still single and always feels the need to mention his girlfriend. This is the same guy who almost 3 years ago we were actually considering getting married. I laugh at how disastrous that would have been. That marriage wouldn’t have last a month. So he spends a good 20 minutes beating around the bush Get to the point shit head just get to the point!! He obviously wanted to tell me something. Then he switches subjects and ask me if I’m doing anything Saturday night. Nothing at all I say. Did you have something in mind? You can come into the city and hangout with me if you want to? He’s like I think I will. The thing with Steve is you don’t have to ask him what up; he is going to tell you on his own accord. Sure enough he starts talking about how crappy his week was. He lost his job and wait for it wait for it…he broke up with his girlfriend. 500 points for me! Like I didn’t see that shit coming. Now beg like a good boy, you can do it come on. I have a feeling that they broke up awhile ago becuase of the frequency of calls increased but with him who the hell knows because he has been calling me a little too much lately. Now I know why you asked me if you wanted to hangout tomorrow night and you have been hinting at us hanging out for awhile now so you finally worked up enough courage to do so. The possibilities of us hanging out on my turf for once and we haven’t seen each other in three years damn I wish I hadn’t gotten fat again since grad school, I was hot 6 months ago, but I can work with that. Now, yes I did semi plan a date with one guy from craigslist but I haven’t heard from him yet and I’m not chasing men when I know they will come to me. (Ha ha ha evil laugh). Now the possibilities of him actually showing up and or ditching me are 50/50 so I just have to wait and see.
Our conversation did not stop there. He went on and on about how he still regrets breaking up with me. According to him I was nothing but nice to him the entire time we were together and he was just a jerk. He just keeps apologizing to me. I’m just taking it all in, this is my time. He starts comparing me to his now ex this should be good? When he starts rambling its best to get a comfy seat and a bucket of popcorn extra salty. He tells me that I was low maintenance, ok sure what kind of drugs were you taking when we were together? I guess that’s because I did not spend all of our time talking about marriage as she did. I find out some more about this girl who was 30 by the way, I was slightly taken aback by that bit of info. I know just me moving along. Then after buttering me up he tries to back track and say that he isn’t saying this to get back with me. Then why speak at all, right? I take that remark to an entirely new level. “So you wouldn’t consider dating me again?” “What are you trying to tell me Steve?” I know he’s not going to answer, but I like making him sweat.
By the end of the conversation he seemed pretty sure that he wanted to see me tonight and I was happy to extend him an invitation. I know that if he does come this is going to be something to talk about.

No comments: