13 June 2006

Could This Possibly Work?

Last night ABC Premire How to Get The Guy. I wasn't going to miss this. I have to say I am obsessed with the single life, throw in some reality-tv I'm there. Missed being single terribly up until a few months ago(i might be a commitment-phobe). I think I missed it becuase for some reason I get fuel from rejection, disapointment and the thought of new love. Last year they aired the summer series Log Into Love about online dating, it's always fun to see that your not the only person going through all the mess for nothing in return. So back to last night.

First episode of How to Get the Guy.

They introduced the girls: Anne-The Girl Next Door, Kris- The Party Girl, Michelle- The Career GIrl and Alissa- The Dreamer. Along with their dating coaches JD and Teresa.

First line:"All of these women share the same hope, to find the guy, but not just any guy, but The One guy".

Chapter 1-Get Into the Game

They had all the women make a pledge right then and there:"I (state name here) do solemnly swear, to dedicate myself to finding true love and I am ready to start right now!"

So from then on, as dating coaches JD and Teresa decide to help Anne. She says that she has a problem giving guys the signal that she is avaliable, their suggestion.

Lesson no. 164-Drop the Hanky

1. eye contact
2. smiling
3. proximity

They had her go to a book store and try to strike up conversations with men and get their attention. It was more like stalking which it feels like anytime you see someone who catches your eye and you want them to notice you. My take on the entire thing. One signal short from falshing a guy and saying hey you can take me home, becuase these dating coaches aren't teaching me a damn thing.

Rule no. 21- Dating is a Numbers Game

All of the ladies did a series of speed dating. Personally I have done this, just recently actually. The concpet is a disaster and we call know it, but talking to 10-15 different guys in less than an hour is great fun, If only for you and your friend to laugh at the situation for weeks to come. That was the result in my case.

Love Coach Event no.1-Signal Party

So it was one of those parties were friends and families invite those who are single and so forth. If your taken you wear a redb button, if single a green button. Meanwhile the women are running back and forth and being coached on how to score a date. Michelles comment "It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, there is no point". Well I somewhat agree with her, but then again this women seems like she doesn't want to flirt or share unless she has seen a resume first.

Lesson no.16-First Date Manifesto

Anne actually got a date from attending the signal party and JD and Teresa were more than eager to coach her to her way to a second date. The rules according to the dating coaches.

1. don't over drink
2. don't over-share
3. don't bring up an ex

Last but not least ***pay him a compliment***

Lets just say that there was nothing new that I'm sure many of us single gals have not heard before. I am thinking that I actually might follow the rules and lessons that they suggested just to see if they actually work. I have a week until the next episode...stay tuned.

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Ha... I had this on tv last night, and may I just say - it put me to sleep.

LOL...

Although I am single, I guess I'm too old to want to play the game.