05 October 2006

back to the regularly scheduled program

I finally gave Charlie a call Tuesday evening on my way home. He still keeps picking up on the second ring. I know I shouldn’t read into it that much, but It just floors me that he all of a sudden cares. The chat was so-so. He asked me what I have been up to, I asked him back. Then he mentions that his air conditioning was broken and it was miserable in his condo. He was just starting to fish for what my schedule was like and if I could make time for him, little does he know I’m a little wiser the second time around. I only play the fool once, never twice (at least not with the same guy). Then he asks me if I had air conditioning at my place, I say no. I then told him I was on my way home to take my mom out to dinner for her birthday. He says I should call him when I’m done with dinner. Yeah, sure thing sweetheart. Then he mentioned that we should have dinner soon, he suggests Charlie’s, ha! No more dinners with Charlie at Charlie’s. I end the phone call frantic again. For the life of me why does he get me all exasperated when I speak to him? I have not called him back since then.

Today I had an extremely frustrating morning and bailed out of the rest of my day at around 11:30, the world can bite me for all I care. I sat at home this evening thinking it would be a great time to call Charlie. I could not call him. Luckily Steph called me and I rationalized a bit. I think I’m over him and just enjoy the idea of him wanting me again. There goes another one who realized he let a good thing go.

No comments: