31 July 2006

my name is earl?

My Saturday night did not exactly start out the way I wanted it to, but I can spare you on that mini drama. Erica picked me up and she was drunk off her ass. I love when the tables are turned. Quack. Quack. Quack. Yeah, now you’re the obnoxious asshole when you drink a pint of Captain Morgan all by yourself. So quiet bar down the street, right? If only I was that lucky. We went bowling. Oh yes my friends, the great American past time of bowling.

I wasn’t really all that excited about it. For starters we had to drive downtown. I had to drive; I do not know how she even got to my apartment. There was a possibility of paying for parking, the drinks are too expensive (remember I’m extra thirsty). The only plus, Erica’s boyfriend works there and we bowl for free and the place cost too much for me to bowl like shit while drunk. Not to mention we had already missed the celebrity sighting of the night.

Erica and I didn’t bowl right away, we went to the bar and even though I just asked for a shot of Jameson, I’m pretty sure the bartender gave me a double because it took me 10 minutes to finish it and I was done for the rest of the night. So we finally decide we wanted to bowl. I had moments were it felt like we were in high school and the only thing we had to do was bowl because we couldn’t drink. Both of us trashed and I somehow bowl a kick ass game. We laughed at the fact that we were walking around in bowling shoes all night, because it’s the hot thing to do.

As the night was winding down, Erica and I were just sitting on one of the couches talking. Until I spotted two fellas coming to engage us in conversation. Apparently this guy must have thought I gave him the signal to come over and talk to us or his was just that bold. By now I’m altering Erica of the situation, oh shit, please go away, not if you were the last man on earth would I go out with you. By now its too late they have made themselves comfy at out lane. I checked out and went back to bowling, hoping they would just leave. Well Erica becomes too friendly when she drinks and pretty much insisted they sit down with us and stay awhile. I get back from bowling by myself and apparently have told them everything about me. She told him I was engaged, which was the smartest thing she did all night. She knew there was no way I would go for him and to use the engaged thing unless he was hot (no need to mention fiancée then). Or she was so wasted she forgot about my dozen or so tryst I’ve had for the last 6 months. Then Erica gets up and leaves me. WHAT!! She left me to chat with the one whom seemed to be interested in me and his friend. First thing out of his mouth is, “isn’t 23 pretty young to be getting married?” Now normally this wouldn’t be a discussion because yes it is and I have realized that and the chances of me going through with all of this is slim, blah, blah, but since I’m not interested in you I’m going to tell you how much I love my fiancée and no one could make me stray away. This guy would not stop. He kept telling me that he understood, but I wasn’t married yet so wanted to know if we could hangout sometime. I told him sure (I don’t know why) but told him that we are usually in Lincoln Park, so just to let you know what are crowd is and that you are not it. He was telling me what ever makes me happy and makes me smile, dinner or a movie. Are you kidding me? Next thing I know Erica gives him my phone number. This should be fun trying to avoid. Then afterwards I asked Erica, what was that guys name? “His name was Earl”.

Nothing left to say after that and no one wanted to believe me that his name is Earl. You can’t make shit like this up only my life.

Finally her boyfriend drove us both home I proceeded to pass out sometime after the room stopped spinning. Like 4 a.m. Here are a few more pictures from the night. My camera is going to get my ass in so much trouble before the summer is over.



Sunday was not much better. I did manage to catch up with my friend Ryan. That made me heart happy, I’ve been in s little slump lately. Not to mention Erica’s boyfriend found it fitting to ask me where my blues player was Saturday night. She quickly had to shush him. But Ryan is for a later post. I also managed to talk to guy no. 2 Mr. Alabama. Get this people! I’m the rebound girl...Apparently I am the chick that men date and therefore inadvertently lead them back to their exes. What gives people?

2 comments:

sipwine said...

My god, his name was Earl. You really cannot make that shit up. That's a fan-fucking-tastic name! I always like how guys come out of the woodwork all at once. It goes from "zero" to "too many" in 9 seconds flat. :) Sounds fun though :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.